License/Permit Applications and City Code
You can link directly to this page using the link: https://www.springsgov.com/license
Business Licensing Quick Facts
- The City Clerk's Office is open to the public on Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
The City Clerk's Office only accepts Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa and MasterCard for payment
- For Medical Marijuana Licenses, ONLY certified funds (e.g. certified bank check, cashier's check, money order) payable to City of Colorado Springs will be accepted.
- Checks should be made payable to: City of Colorado Springs
- For the State portion of fees due for Liquor Licenses, a check or money order payable to Colorado Department of Revenue is required
Applications and Forms
Business License Applications and City Code
NOTE: THE ONLY BUSINESSES LICENSED BY THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE ARE THOSE LISTED BELOW.
- Application links will display a printable version of the application using the free Adobe ® Reader ®.
- City Code links should open in a new tab or window. If they do not, be sure to hit your BACK button twice to return to this page.
|Circus / Carnival / Menagerie||Application||2.2.1|
|Coin-Operated (Game Room, Operator, Non-Operator)||Application||2.2.3|
|Escort / Escort Runner||Application||2.3.6|
|Food Peddler (Peddler of Food Wares)||Application||2.3.7|
|Going Out of Business Sales||Application||2.3.9|
|Pool (Billiard and Pool Tables)||Application||2.2.2|
|Refuse / Trash (Ash, Garbage, Refuse, Trash and Rubbish Hauler)||Application||2.3.5|
|Security Agency (Security Officer Letters)||Application||2.3.2|
|Security Officer (for new licenses only)||Application||2.3.2|
|Security Officer Renewal (for renewals only)||Application||2.3.2|
|Sexually Oriented Business||Application||2.4.1|
|Taxicab Driver (for new licenses only)||Application||2.3.10|
|Taxicab Driver Renewal (for renewals only)||Application||2.3.10|
To review City Code applicable to all business licenses, go to Chapter 2, Article 1 of the City Code. (Links to specific sections are found in the table above)
Security Agency Letters required for Security Officer Applicants
These letters are for Security Agencies ONLY. They are to be completed by the Security Agency and provided to the Security Officer prior to the officer applying at the City Clerk's Office.
|Letters to be completed by Security Agency for Security Officers|
|Letter of Hire for Temporary License for Security Officer||Letter|
|Request for Permanent License for Security Officer||Letter|
|Letter of Transfer for Security Officer||Letter|
|Request for License Endorsement for Security Officer||Letter|
Liquor Permit Applications and City Code
The City Clerk's Office also processes and issues liquor licenses and permits. Contact (719) 385-5106 for information. Liquor license applications must be obtained from the City Clerk's Office. Liquor permit applications can be downloaded below.
Liquor Permit Type
|Liquor Tastings Permit||Application||2.5.205|
|Liquor Tastings Server Permit||Application||2.5.205|
To review the City Liquor Code, go to Chapter 2, Article 5 of the City Code. (Links to specific sections are found in the table above)
Medical Marijuana Licensing
Please visit our Medical Marijuana Licensing page.