- Normal business hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The main phone number is (719) 385-5922. All court sessions are open to the public. One may wish to sit and observe a court session before they are scheduled to appear.
- The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over violations of city charter provisions and city ordinances. Some violations require an appearance in court, while others may be resolved by simply paying a fine instead of appearing. Court proceedings are governed by city ordinances, court rules, and state statutes. Court employees are not allowed to give legal advice, but will be happy to answer procedural questions.
- The Municipal Court handles all types of traffic and criminal violations. Many of the traffic violations are payable prior to court, but most criminal violations require an appearance in court before a judge. Citations involving an animal are considered criminal violations.
- Please check your summons. If your summons is on a long form and:
then you have been properly written into this court.
- was written by a Colorado Springs Police Officer
- has a blue horizontal color bar at the bottom and
- states you are to appear at 224 E. Kiowa,
- If your summons was written by a state patrol officer or a deputy sheriff, has a green horizontal color bar at the bottom, and states you are to appear at 270 S. Tejon St., contact the El Paso Combined Courts at (719) 452-5000 or at www.gofourth.org. Otherwise, contact the court indicated on your summons.
- It is the policy of the Colorado Springs Municipal Court to be fully in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. It is the goal of this court to REASONABLY accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Should a specific accommodation be needed, please notify the court ahead of time at (719) 385-5928 or notify the clerk in the courtroom on your court date. Should an interpreter be necessary for your court appearance, please e-mail the court IN ADVANCE at: PReception@springsgov.com