We're Moving Websites! Check out the new and improved ColoradoSprings.Gov. Learn about our vision for the new site, our plan for ongoing improvement through citizen involvement and how you can help the Springs be a pioneer in civic websites.City of Colorado Springs Student Internship Program
Do you want to learn more about municipal government? Do you want to get some “real world” experience? Every semester, the City of Colorado Springs Internship Program will hire college students to work part-time to gain this experience.
This program was developed to give students the opportunity for a hands-on experience with City staff, to learn about local government, and to gain professional experience while going to school. This experience will allow you to make important contributions and bring new ideas to the City while working in one of our departments.
- Enhances your academic experience
- Provides valuable professional experience to enhance skills and competencies
- Gives you new resources for networking and mentoring
- Provides a source of talent and new ideas
- Brings in new energy and new skills
- Derive benefit from the intern’s work product
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student at an accredited college or university
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Must be available to work 10-20 hours per week for internships during the fall and spring terms and up to 40 hours per week for a summer internship
- Must submit an application using our online system (Click here to see job postings)
- If selected for an interview, you must bring a copy of college transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a school official
- An employment offer will be conditional upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment alcohol/drug test