How to Request a Proclamation
A request for a proclamation must be made by a city of Colorado Springs resident and should be made at least 10 business days prior to the date requested.
All requests must be made in writing, and can be submitted by e-mail, mail or fax to:
Colorado Springs City Council
107 N. Nevada Avenue, Suite 300, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
The request must include:
- Contact person’s first and last name, address, and telephone number
- A brief summary/background of the event or organization
- Name and date(s) of the day, week, month or event to be proclaimed
- Draft text for the proclamation, including 4-6 “whereas” clauses.
- An indication of whether the proclamation should be mailed or picked up from City Hall
- Date the proclamation is needed
- An organization should request only one proclamation annually (excluding recognitions for service)
- More than one cause can be proclaimed simultaneously
- An organization does not have exclusive rights to the day, week or month of their proclamation. Other organizations can share the day, week or month of a proclamation.
Submission of a proclamation request does not guarantee issuance. The City Council President reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request. In cases where proclamation criteria are not met, a Certificate of Appreciation, Recognition or Congratulatory Letter is an alternative.