Before coming to Colorado, Val Snider graduated from Murray State University in Ky., with a double major in criminology and physical education.
After graduation, he attended Officers Training School for the U. S. Air Force and worked as a commissioned security police officer.
As a council member at-Large, Val has served as the chair of the Colorado Springs Oil and Gas Committee, led a citizen group through the process to draft oil and gas regulations for Colorado Springs and was part of the Waldo Canyon fire Regional Recovery Team—which successfully garnered Federal Emergency Watershed Protection funds to address funds needed for Colorado cities affected by wildfires.
Val is also active in his community by serving on the following committees:
- 2005 City Charter Review Commission
- Chamber of Commerce Legislative Watch Council
- City Planning Commissioner
- Colorado Springs Streetcar Task Force (Chair)
- Downtown Business Improvement District Parking and Transportation Committee
- Parkside at Mountain Shadows Homeowner Association Board
- Partnership for Community Design Board
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Citizens Advisory Committee
- The Home Front Cares Hotline Assistance Manager
- Utility Infrastructure Committee for Imagine Downtown Master Plan
When not serving as a councilmember or volunteering, Val spends his days distance running on local mountain trails or practicing yoga.
Councilmember Val Snider
P.O. Box 1575
Colorado Springs, CO 80901
Phone: (719) 385-5485
Fax: (719) 385-5495