- Do chemists respond to crime scenes?
- No. The chemists do not routinely respond to crime scenes. Scenes which contain substances which would normally require a chemist are processed by detectives of the Vice, Narcotics and Intelligence unit who are specially trained to recognize and handle the hazardous materials routinely found at clandestine drug laboratories.
- Does the chemistry section only test drugs and blood alcohol samples?
- No. The chemistry section is now fully trained to conduct comparison analysis and conclusive identification on arson/explosive related cases, as well as, chemical samples of unknown origin.
- What are some areas the chemistry section does not handle?
- The lab's chemists currently do not process items related to trace analysis, such as hairs, fibers, glass or paint. Trace analysis is conducted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.