USA Pro Cycle Challenge Stage 4 Information
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Please note: due to the extensive nature of the event, downtown streets will be closed as early as 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 20, one day prior to the race.
Significant traffic and road closures are involved with this city-wide event:
- The route will be a circuit looping through downtown a total of FOUR times before finishing at Pikes Peak and Tejon.
- Expect large crowds of people throughout the day on downtown streets and sidewalks.
- There are several ancillary events downtown before, during, and after the race including community bike ride and USA Pro Challenge Festival.
On Wednesday, August 20, two downtown blocks will be closed to build needed structures to accommodate international media, announcers, and spectators. These blocks will be closed from 9 a.m. Wednesday through 11:30 p.m. Thursday:
- Pikes Peak, between Nevada and Tejon
- Tejon, between Pikes Peak and Colorado
On Thursday, August 21, additional roads will be closed.
- Click to see the downtown specific site map including parking, road closures, and festival area.
- The list of all road closures is available here.
- Click to download the entire route map.
To find out about events and activities throughout the week and on the day of the event, visit the Colorado Springs Sports Corporation website.