City of Colorado Springs / Fire / News

Structure Fire at 4825 Astrozon Blvd
Monday, May 05, 2014

Colorado Springs, CO – On May 1, 2014 at 3:36 a.m., Colorado Springs firefighters were dispatched to a reported structure fire at the Meadows Mobile Home Park, 4825 Astrozon Blvd.  The first CSFD engine arrived within six minutes to find heavy smoke coming from the trailer. Firefighters immediately began an aggressive interior attack on the fire.

CSFD responded to this single alarm fire call with a total of 7 fire apparatus including two engines, two trucks, Heavy Rescue and HazMat. Approximately 19 CSFD firefighters and support personnel were on scene. 

Five civilians were treated for smoke inhalation and transported to a local hospital.  Five residents were displaced from the home.

The fire was determined to be accidental due to an electrical malfunction in a space heater.

Colorado Springs Fire Department reminds citizens to install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of the home, including the basement. Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the test button.