City seeks volunteers to serve on the Human Relations Commissions
Tuesday, February 04, 2014
The City of Colorado Springs is seeking applicants with a commitment to ensuring equal treatment and equal opportunity for all city residents to fill vacated seats on the Human Relations Commission (HRC). Commissioners will represent a diverse cross-section of the city's population, have experience with advocacy and reconciliation, especially among less privileged and minority communities, and work well with conflicting groups and interests. Commissioners must be able to commit to about five hours per week on HRC-related duties.
- Continue to promote an environment of fairness and respect among community members by ensuring inclusion and equity are supported in a meaningful and consistent manner.
- To develop ways to measure and monitor community relations.
- To encourage and engage members of the community to understand and appreciate the benefits of positive intergroup relations.
- To offer programs and services that help facilitate positive intergroup relations and community building.
- To proactively serve community members by facilitating collaborations and positive intergroup relations.
Please send applications, letters of interest, and resumes before Monday, March 3, 2014 to Samantha Gunther, email@example.com or mail the information to City Council; Attention Samantha Gunther; P.O. Box 1575; Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
Applications can be found at www.SpringsGov.com under the “Get Involved Tab” then by clicking on “Committees, Commissions, & Boards”. For questions or more information, please call (719) 385-5453.