Structure Fire at 1202 E. High Point Ln.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO – On January 27, 2014 at 2:45 a.m., Colorado Springs firefighters were dispatched to a reported structure fire at 1202 East High Point Lane. The first CSFD engine arrived within six minutes to find a small fire in the basement utility room. Firefighters quickly gained control of the fire.
CSFD responded to this single alarm fire call with three apparatus including two fire engines, one fire truck, and support personnel. Approximately 12 firefighters and support personnel were on scene.
There were no reported injuries to civilians or firefighters. Two occupants of the home were displaced.
CSFD has estimated that $854,193 of property/content was saved, limiting the overall loss to $32,909 in property/content.
The origin of the fire was located in a basement utility room. The fire cause was determined to be accidental.
CSFD wants to remind our community to test your smoke alarms at least monthly and replace the batteries every six months. Early notification by the home’s smoke alarms assisted the occupants in evacuating this home safely. Also develop and practice your family’s emergency evacuation plan.