Community Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 10:00 AM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Isadore Eugene Romero has been discharged from the Colorado Department of Corrections and has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. Romero is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court/parole board. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Romero’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Romero’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: https://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12
Information can be found near the center of the page under the heading “Sexually Violent Predator Notice”.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Romero registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Romero’s criminal history reveals that in El Paso County he was convicted of Attempted Sexual Assault on a Child in 2003, Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute in 2003 and Possession/Sale of a Schedule I or II Controlled Substance in 1998.
Romero is currently residing at 2020 South Chelton Road Colorado Springs, CO 80916. He is described as being a Hispanic male, 34 YOA, 5’5” tall, 205 lbs, brown hair, and brown eyes.
Romero is one of twelve (12) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665.