City Council confirms Mayor's Appointees to...
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Colorado Springs Urban Renewal Authority Board
At the formal City Council meeting on Tuesday, April 23, City Council confirmed Mayor Steve Bach’s selections to serve five-year terms on the Colorado Springs Urban Renewal Authority Board (CSURA). The new board members are: Tiffany Covert, David Isbell, and Council President Pro Tem Merv Bennett.
“Thank you to these citizens for stepping forward to serve our City,” said Mayor Steve Bach.
About the new board members:
- Colorado Springs native with a background in business, real estate, and community development
- BA in Public Administration and City Planning
- Service on a variety of boards and is currently a member of the El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board
- Extensive experience in law enforcement, real estate, and legal fields
- Service on multiple local boards and commissions
- Real estate background will bring dedicated service to CSURA Board
Council President Pro Tem Merv Bennett
- Elected as an At-Large Councilor in 2011.
- Prior to election, served in leadership capacities for Pikes Peak YMCA for 40 years
- Under his leadership, the Pikes Peak YMCA annual budget grew from $4 million to $20 million