Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:50 AM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Nathan John Zaborski has moved to a new address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction and will be under Federal Probation supervision. Zaborski is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Zaborski’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Zaborski’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: https://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Zaborski registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Zaborski’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Contact with a Child in Norfolk, VA in 2010.
Zaborski has also been convicted of 3rd Degree Criminal Trespass and Underage Possession/Consumption of Alcohol.
Zaborski is registered and residing at 315 May Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80905. Zaborski is described as being a white male, 30 years old, 6” tall, 175 lbs, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Zaborski is one of eleven (11) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Sgt. Bill Dehart of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7808.