Tuesday, July 20, 2010
July 20, 2010
Present: TPAC Members: Russ Fertitta, Amber Robinson, Marshall Tuttle, Justin Burns, John Nuwer (via telephone), David King, Mike Peltier, Mark Ewell
Absent: Gerry Geyer
Staff: Jackie Julaton, Kathy Lake, Curlie Matthews
Guests: Dawn Roth-CSU, Ben Kley and Dave Bryan-Falcon Broadband, David Sered-Comcast
Mr. Michael Peltier was introduced.
CALL TO ORDER
A quorum was present and the meeting was called to order at 7:35 a.m.
Mr. David Sered requested a change to the June 15 minutes to state ?Cablevision bought Bresnan Communications.? Mr. Marshall Tuttle made motion to approve the June minutes. Mr. David King seconded the motion, all were in approval, and the motion passed.
Cable Video Franchise Updates
· Comcast ? Mr. David Sered reported that a Comcast representative would provide a presentation at the August 17 meeting. General discussion ensued surrounding Comcast?s Service Protection Plan and service plans in the telecom business in general. Mr. Sered offered to bring a Comcast technical expert to a future meeting.
· Falcon Broadband ? Ms. Kathy Lake reported no receipt of complaints about Falcon Broadband. Mr. Ben Kley provided a presentation about Falcon Broadband and reminded the TPAC of the scheduled tour of fiber to the community in the Banning Lewis Ranch development on July 26 at 3:00 pm.
· Zip Broadband: No report, not present.
Mr. Curlie Matthews reported there was no response concerning the Google RFI.
· Legislative Matters Sub-Committee (quarterly reports)
· Franchise Performance Sub-Committee (quarterly reports)
· Broadband Infrastructure Task Force
No report. Mr. Marshall Tuttle suggested removing this item from future meeting agendas.
Review, Planning and action status - TPAC support to City IT
Mr. Curlie Matthews reported the RFI for outsourcing the City?s IT services and support was issued and is published on the City?s website. Mr. Matthews indicated that if the RFI advances to an RFP stage then he may lean on the TPAC for assistance. Suggestion was made to add this as line item on agenda.
· Other cities' eGov systems and capabilities:
· Future Projects:
ADJOURN: Mr. Fertitta made motion to adjourn and Mr. Burns seconded. The meeting was adjourned at 8:37 a.m.