Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee - Agenda
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Committee members in attendance:
Winfield Pate, Marjorie Smith, Ron Ruckdeschel, Debbie Klisch, Glen Florea, Edward Carroll.
Committee members absent: Tim Cassibry, Dan Mullin.
Others present: Deputy Chief Steve Dubay (CSFD), Acting Deputy Chief Ted Collas (CSFD), Deputy Chief Vince Niski (CSPD), Sue Autry (CSPD), Nancy McCauley (CSPD), Ken Hughlett (CSFD), Lorraine Lawson (CSPD Volunteer)
Call to Order: Debbie Klisch called the meeting to order at 4:30 pm.
Citizen Comment: No citizen comment
Approval of Minutes:
MOTION: R. Ruckdeschel moved to approve the minutes from the April 3, 2013 meeting as written. M. Smith seconded the motion. There was no discussion and the motion passed 6-0.
MOTION: W. Pate moved to approve the minutes from the August 7, 2013 meeting as written. R. Ruckdeschel seconded the motion. There was no discussion and the motion passed 6-0.
Business and Updates:
S. Dubay and T. Collas mentioned the successful opening of Station 21. They thanked the Committee for all of its assistance with and support of this and all CSFD PSST-funded projects.
K. Hughlett introduced Edward Carroll, the newest member of the PSSTOC.
Updates including budget changes (Budget, Fire, and Police):
· N. McCauley presented the financial summaries as of the end of July, 2013.
· The Committee was reminded that the Mayor would release his proposed 2014 budget on October 7, 2013.
· The Committee was informed that the Police Department, Fire Department, and PSSTOC are scheduled to make presentations regarding the 2014 budget on Monday, October 14. The Police Department’s presentation will begin at 9:00 am, the Fire Department’s presentation will begin at 1:00 pm, and the PSSTOC will present immediately following the Fire Department.
Station 21 Update:
T. Collas and S. Dubay provided an update on Station 21.
· A rear deck off the kitchen area is still being constructed.
· The temperature in the stairway gets to be quite warm. Shades are being ordered to help counteract the sun.
· An additional locker room is being added.
R. Ruckdeschel expressed concern about the potential liability of the fire pole in Station 21. T. Collas noted his concern.
Questions were also asked about the ventilation projects and why they have taken so long to complete. T. Collas and S. Dubay offered to research this and report back to the Committee.
The Committee reviewed a draft of the presentation that will be presented to City Council by the Committee. K. Hughlett will work with the committee to update and modify the presentation.
D. Klisch made the recommendation that the Committee work together to create a packet of information to give to new committee members.
S. Dubay told the committee the new Fire Chief Riley will be sworn in on 9/10. The committee is welcome to come to this and to an informal get together after.
Next meeting date TBD.
The meeting ended at 6:05 pm.
Notes: The minutes of the meeting were taken by L. Lawson. Any omissions or corrections should be brought to the Chairperson’s attention at the next PSSTOC meeting.