NOTE - THE NOTED DISAPPROVED ITEMS MAY NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE LIST OF VIOLATIONS. THE DESIGNER IS TO CONDUCT A COMPLETE RE-REVIEW OF THE PLANS FOR ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARD COMMENTS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION PRIOR TO RESUBMITTING.
System plans must be picked up within 30 days. All system plans left longer than 30 days will be discarded as abandoned.
FIRST METHODIST CHURCH
00420 NEVADA AVE
||FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 1) This project is: United Methodist Church, 420 N Nevada Av: fire alarm only
This plan review is based on the requirements found within the adopted Editions of the International Building Code, International Fire Code and the related Standards.|
|FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 5) DESIGNER/INSTALLER INFORMATION
Fire Alarm system was designed by: SIMPLEXGRINNELL
Fire alarm system is being installed by: SAME
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) REVIEWS:
Colorado Springs Fire Department construction reviews are based upon information provided on the drawings and/or the attached reference material. Issues or features that are not presented within the construction documents are assumed to be complaint with applicable codes/standards. It is the responsibility of the building owner to ensure that minimum code requirement are met as established by the Authority Having Jurisdiction, whether of not the requirements are specifically indicated on the submitted construction documents.
The CSFD has reviewed the submittal in accordance with the fire code requirements of the adopted International Fire Code, CSFD local amendments, City Code Standards, and applicable NFPA Standards. All plan review comments are subject to final on-site field inspections, and testing by the CSFD. Review and approval by the CSFD shall not relieve the applicant of the responsibility of compliance with the International Fire Code.
|Disapproved||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 19) DISAPPROVED COMMENTS
The following information and/or corrections are needed prior to completing a full plan review. Please respond, in writing on letterhead, to each of the following comments:
1. This facility underwent an initiating device replacement in 2007. then the 2nd floor notifiction was upgraded in 2009 - what about 1st floor?
2. Sheet 201 shows there is a 3rd floor, but CSFD records and the permit application states only 2 floors + a basement are on this building. Please clarify.
3. Building key plan is not provided as required.
4. This level is undergoing a notification appliance upgrade and thus the remaining existing notification appliances also need to be upgraded. There is no sense to upgrade this system and leave non-conforming pieces behind.
5. Robing room and the end of corridor 56 need notification added.
Also review the disapproved plans for additional written comments prior to submittal of new plans.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) DEW REVIEWER CONTACT:
If you have any specific questions or concerns about these comments, please feel free to contact me at:
Doreen "Dee" Withee, CFPS
Fire Protection Engineer II, CSFD
2880 International Circle, Suite 200-7
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
(T) 719-385-7361 / (F) 719-385-7330