||FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 1) This project is: Residence 4607 Cedarmere Dr New Hillside Residence
Date of Plans: 08/19/13
You can access our web site for the latest fire department plan review comments:
1. From www.pprbd.org, select PLAN REVIEW then FIND PLANS next COLORADO SPRINGS
2. Scroll down to the correct address. You may then select APPROVED/DISAPPROVED to view comments associated with that particular project.
|FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT) RED-LINED COMMENTS
The following RED-LINED items are to be corrected prior to final inspection:
1. Must conform to CSFD/City of Colorado Springs Hillside Ordinance
2. All cantilevered and overhand areas to be of non-combustible construction and have openings not over 1/8".
3. Soffits must be cementious material.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) CLASS A ROOFING
A Class A roof covering (excluding solid wood roofing products) shall be installed on all Residential Occupancies and a minimum Class B roof covering shall be installed on all remaining occupancies (Not to replace Class A where already required by Table 15-A) at the time an application is made for a roofing or re-roofing building permit within the limits of the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado.|
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) IGNITION-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION is required for use.
1. Exterior cladding, eaves and soffits shall be constructed of ignition resistant materials, including but not limited to: fiber-cement board, stucco, masonry/brick, manufactured stone and similar materials. Natural wood/cedar siding, hardboard, vinyl and similar combustibles are not permitted. Natural wood or plastic products used for fascia, trim board materials and trim accents are allowed when painted or as approved.
2. For any portion of the attached structure with projections or overhangs, the area below shall have all horizontal under-floor areas enclosed with ignition resistive materials such as allowed in item 1 above.
3. Exterior doors shall be noncombustible or solid core not less than 1 3/4-inches thick. Windows within doors and glazed doors shall be tempered safety glass or multi-layered glazed panels.
4. Exterior windows shall be a minimum double pane. Tempered panes are preferable but not required.
5. All attic vents shall be screen with wire mesh or hardware cloth having openings no larger than 1/8-inch. Soffit vents are permitted, gable vents may be allowed as approved by the Fire Code Official.
6. Gutters and downspouts of non-combustible construction shall be installed such that the leading edge of the roof is finished with a metal drip edge so that no wood sheathing is exposed. Drip edge shall extend into the gutter. Vinyl gutters may be allowed but must have a noncombustible landing area below the roof line, a minimum of 5-feet from the side of the structure/foundation.
7. Decks and other habitable spaces shall be of ignition resistant or non-combustible decking materials, such as metal or composite materials. Wood is permitted for use for large structural components and railings (ie vertical members).
8. The base of exterior walls, posts or columns shall be protected on the bottom side with provision such as fire resistant foam or wire mesh having openings no larger than 1/8-inch.
9. Chimneys serving fireplaces, and other solid or liquid fueled heating appliances shall have an approved spark arrestor or cap.
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) CONSTRUCTION PERMIT REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
Plans for any structure lying within the Hillside Overlay area must be approved by the Colorado Springs Fire Department Construction Services prior to issuance of a building permit.
Final approval by CSFD on all permits issued by RBD is required prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.
|FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT) BUILDING DATA:
Size of Bldg. --4009--- sq ft
Construction Type --V-B----
Fire Sprinklers Y----- N--xx---
Fire Walls Y ----- N --xx---
Required GPM: --1750--- gpm
# of hydrant(s) required: ---1--
Max AVG spacing between hydrants: --500--- ft
Max hose lay: ---250-- ft|
|FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT) FIRE FLOW/HYDRANT REQUIREMENTS MET:
On this site the theoretical water flows are ---- gpm, and the numbers of hydrant(s) are ----.
This site, based upon the provided theoretical modeled fire flows, appear to meet the minimum flow requirements and/or the number of hydrant(s) for this structure.
No fire flow reports were submitted but flows for 4623 Cedarmere were checked and appear to provide adequate flows and numbers of hydrants. Unable to determine spacing for this structure. Subject to final inspection.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) FIRE FLOW TEST RESULTS REQUIRED:
ACTUAL FIRE FLOW TEST RESULTS DATED WITHIN 5 YEARS MUST BE PROVIDED.
PUBLIC/CITY OWNED HYDRANTS: Contact SEAN HIGBEE, CSU at 668-4595 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an ACTUAL flow test. Be sure to provide them with a CSFD plan review number to include with their flow reports. CSFD need not be present when City Utilities flow tests hydrants as we will accept their reports. PLEASE ALLOW 1-2 WEEKS NOTICE
PRIVATE HYDRANTS: Contact your assigned inspector below to schedule a flow test of PRIVATE OWNED hydrants. A contractor capable of performing the test will be required as CSFD Inspectors WITNESS only. CSFD will not accept flow tests we have not witnessed.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) FIRE FLOW TEST RESULTS REQUIRED - EXISTING HYDRANTS:
Actual hydrant flow test results dated within 5 years shall be provided prior to the arrival of combustible material on the construction site.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) PERMITS
Insure all applicable permits are obtained from the Regional Building Department and the Colorado Springs Fire Department for the work that is being done at this site.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) REVIEWS:
Colorado Springs Fire Department plan reviews are based upon information provided on the drawings and/or the attached reference material. Issues or features that are not presented within the construction documents are assumed to be complaint with applicable codes/standards. It is the responsibility of the building owner to ensure that minimum code requirements are met as established by the Authority Having Jurisdiction, whether or not the requirements are specifically indicated on the submitted construction documents.
The CSFD has reviewed the submittal in accordance with the adopted fire code requirements, CSFD local amendments, City Code Standards, and applicable NFPA Standards. All plan review comments are subject to final on-site field inspections, and testing by the CSFD. Review and approval by the CSFD shall not relieve the applicant of the responsibility of compliance with the International Fire Code.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT 10) INSPECTIONS
Please call 719-385-5982 Extension 2 to schedule all construction related inspection activities. You will need to schedule an inspection at the time of Framing and a final inspection near completion.
Due to the dynamic nature of inspectors schedules, PLEASE call your inspection requests in with ample time to allow scheduling. When calling, please have your complete CSFD plan review number(s) ready for each inspection request. ( i.e. 2013-1234 - HS-1)
The CSFD Approved sets of plans are to be on site for all inspections.