||FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 1) This project is: Private Residence, 5618 Wilson Rd: single family home - WALDO REBUILD
Date of Plans: 11.7.12
You can access our web site for the latest fire department plan review comments:
1. From www.pprbd.org, select PLAN REVIEW then FIND PLANS next COLORADO SPRINGS
2. Scroll down to the correct address. You may then select APPROVED/DISAPPROVED to view comments associated with that particular project.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) 150-FT ACCESS
Fire apparatus access roads shall be provided for every structure constructed or moved into or within the jurisdiction and shall be extended to within 150-feet of all exterior portions of the first story of any building. (2009 IFC §503.1.1)|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) ADDRESSING
Address shall be posted on street addressed side of structure. Minimum 5" numbers with 1/2" stroke. Contrasting color to background. (2009 IFC 505.1)|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) INCREASED WILDFIRE RISK.
Residing in or near the hillside overlay or wildland-urban interface areas involves increased fire risks that may not apply in urban or more urbanized types of developed communities.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) SOC RESPONSE TIMES
Fire service response times to this area do not fall within the CSFD interim Standard of Response Coverage. The CSFD is unable to provide the following level of service:
- 90% of all emergencies reached within 8 minutes (first due company)
- 90% of structure fires requiring a full effective fire-fighting complement (2 engine companies, 1 ladder/truck company) within 12 minutes.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) FUELS MANAGEMENT.
This lot is subject to the requirements of section 20-4-105CE(2) (Ordinances 93-48 and 93-49) of the City Code establishing minimum fire fuel management safety criteria for residential construction in hillside areas. 01/01 smc|
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) IGNITION-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION is required for use as indicated in attached, voluntarily signed agreement letter.
1. Exterior cladding, eaves and soffits shall be constructed of ignition resistant materials, including but not limited to: fiber-cement board, stucco, masonry/brick, manufactured stone and similar materials. Natural wood/cedar siding, hardboard, vinyl and similar combustibles are not permitted. Natural wood or plastic products used for fascia, trim board materials and trim accents are allowed when painted or as approved.
2. For any portion of the attached structure with projections or overhangs, the area below shall have all horizontal under-floor areas enclosed with ignition resistive materials such as allowed in item 1 above.
3. Exterior doors shall be noncombustible or solid core not less than 1 3/4-inches thick. Windows within doors and glazed doors shall be tempered safety glass or multi-layered glazed panels.
4. Exterior windows shall be a minimum double pane. Tempered panes are preferable but not required.
5. All attic vents shall be screen with wire mesh or hardware cloth having openings no larger than 1/8-inch. Soffit vents are permitted, gable vents may be allowed as approved by the Fire Code Official.
6. Gutters and downspouts of non-combustible construction shall be installed such that the leading edge of the roof is finished with a metal drip edge so that no wood sheathing is exposed. Drip edge shall extend into the gutter. Vinyl gutters may be allowed but must have a noncombustible landing area below the roof line, a minimum of 5-feet from the side of the structure/foundation.
7. Decks and other habitable spaces shall be of ignition resistant or non-combustible decking materials, such as metal or composite materials. Wood is permitted for use for large structural components and railings (ie vertical members).
8. The base of exterior walls, posts or columns shall be protected on the bottom side with provision such as fire resistant foam or wire mesh having openings no larger than 1/8-inch.
9. Chimneys serving fireplaces, and other solid or liquid fueled heating appliances shall have an approved spark arrestor or cap.
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) CONSTRUCTION PERMIT REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
Plans for any structure lying within the Hillside Overlay area must be approved by the Colorado Springs Fire Department Construction Services prior to issuance of a building permit.
Voluntary compliance with the Waldo Canyon Fire Re-Build Provisions Agreement has been indicated by signature.
Final approval by CSFD on all permits issued by RBD is required prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) CLASS A ROOFING
A Class A roof covering (excluding solid wood roofing products) shall be installed on all Residential Occupancies and a minimum Class B roof covering shall be installed on all remaining occupancies (Not to replace Class A where already required by Table 15-A) at the time an application is made for a roofing or re-roofing building permit within the limits of the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
A single, (1), 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher is required in all homes & town homes. It's ok to hang under a kitchen sink, in a closet, or in an ATTACHED garage, so long as it's accessible.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) PERMITS
Insure all applicable permits are obtained from the Regional Building Department and the Colorado Springs Fire Department for the work that is being done at this site.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) REVIEWS:
Colorado Springs Fire Department plan reviews are based upon information provided on the drawings and/or the attached reference material. Issues or features that are not presented within the construction documents are assumed to be complaint with applicable codes/standards. It is the responsibility of the building owner to ensure that minimum code requirements are met as established by the Authority Having Jurisdiction, whether or not the requirements are specifically indicated on the submitted construction documents.
The CSFD has reviewed the submittal in accordance with the adopted fire code requirements, CSFD local amendments, City Code Standards, and applicable NFPA Standards. All plan review comments are subject to final on-site field inspections, and testing by the CSFD. Review and approval by the CSFD shall not relieve the applicant of the responsibility of compliance with the International Fire Code.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT 10) INSPECTIONS
Due to the dynamic nature of inspectors schedules, PLEASE call your inspection requests in with ample time to allow scheduling.
When calling, please have your complete CSFD plan review number(s) ready for each inspection request.
( i.e. 20001234 - HM -2 or 20000012 - CN - 1)
The CSFD Approved sets of plans are to be on site for all inspections.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) SCHEDULING INSPECTIONS:
Please call 719-385-5982 Extension 2 to schedule all construction related inspection activities.|