NOTE - THE NOTED DISAPPROVED ITEMS MAY NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE LIST OF VIOLATIONS. THE DESIGNER IS TO CONDUCT A COMPLETE RE-REVIEW OF THE PLANS FOR ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARD COMMENTS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION PRIOR TO RESUBMITTING.
System plans must be picked up within 30 days. All system plans left longer than 30 days will be discarded as abandoned.
05515 MAJESTIC DR
||FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 1) This project is: Private Residence, 5515 Majestic Dr: single family home - WALDO REBUILD
Date of Plans: 10.25.12
You can access our web site for the latest fire department plan review comments:
1. From www.pprbd.org, select PLAN REVIEW then FIND PLANS next COLORADO SPRINGS
2. Scroll down to the correct address. You may then select APPROVED/DISAPPROVED to view comments associated with that particular project.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) 150-FT ACCESS
Fire apparatus access roads shall be provided for every structure constructed or moved into or within the jurisdiction and shall be extended to within 150-feet of all exterior portions of the first story of any building. (2009 IFC §503.1.1)|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) ADDRESSING
Address shall be posted on street addressed side of structure. Minimum 5" numbers with 1/2" stroke. Contrasting color to background. (2009 IFC 505.1)|
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) FUELS MANAGEMENT
Brush patches or clusters may be left in the safety zone, but shall be separated by clear areas of 10-feet or more of noncombustible materials or grass mowed to not more than 4-inches in height.
CLEARANCE TO MAIN STRUCTURE:
No combustible brush, trees or shrubs shall be allowed to be left, planted or allowed to grow within 15-feet of the main structure or significant accessory structure such as sheds, decks and pergolas. The trunks of deciduous trees may be allowed to be planted as close as 10-feet from structures where approved by the Fire Code Official.
Small brush patches not exceeding 100-square feet in size or trees no larger an 15 linear feet in any direction may be allowed to encroach into this zone.
PRUNING OF LIMBS:
Large trees shall not be allowed to have limbs overlap smaller trees or brush, creating ladder fuels, and shall be pruned of limbs to a height up to 10-feet while maintaining a minimum 70% of the tree's crown. Certain tree clusters may be permitted if sufficient clear area is provided and approved by the Fire Code Official.
CLEARANCE OF TREE BRANCHES TO STRUCTURES OR APPURTENANCES:
Character tree branches shall not extend over or under the roof or eaves, and the canopy or drip-line shall not be within 15-feet of a deck or similar combustible projection, wood burning appliance or chimney unless approved by the Fire Code Official.
For additional information concerning this issue - contact our Wildfire Mitigation Administrator at 385-7368 or www.springsgov.com/fire
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) IGNITION-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION is required for use as indicated in attached, voluntarily signed agreement letter.
1. Exterior cladding, eaves and soffits shall be constructed of ignition resistant materials, including but not limited to: fiber-cement board, stucco, masonry/brick, manufactured stone and similar materials. Natural wood/cedar siding, hardboard, vinyl and similar combustibles are not permitted. Natural wood or plastic products used for fascia, trim board materials and trim accents are allowed when painted or as approved.
2. For any portion of the attached structure with projections or overhangs, the area below shall have all horizontal under-floor areas enclosed with ignition resistive materials such as allowed in item 2 above.
3. Exterior doors shall be noncombustible or solid core not less than 1 3/4-inches thick. Windows within doors and glazed doors shall be tempered safety glass or multi-layered glazed panels.
4. Exterior windows shall be a minimum double pane. Tempered panes are preferable but not required.
5. All attic vents shall be screen with wire mesh or hardware cloth having openings no larger than 1/8-inch. soffit vents are permitted, gable vents may be allowed as approved by the Fire Code Official.
6. Gutters and downspouts of non-combustible construction shall be installed such that the leading edge of the roof is finished with a metal drip edge so that no wood sheathing is exposed. Drip edge shall extend into the gutter. Vinyl gutters may be allowed but must have a noncombustible landing area below the roof line, a minimum of 5-feet from the side of the structure/foundation.
7. Decks and other habitable spaces shall be of ignition resistant or non-combustible decking materials, such as metal or composite materials. Wood is permitted for use for large structural components and railings (ie vertical members).
8. The base of exterior walls, posts or columns shall be protected on the bottom side with provision such as fire resistant foam or wire mesh having openings no larger than 1/8-inch.
9. Chimneys serving fireplaces, and other solid or liquid fueled heating appliances shall have an approved spark arrestor or cap.
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) CONSTRUCTION PERMIT REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
Plans for any structure lying within the Hillside Overlay area must be approved by the Colorado Springs Fire Department Construction Services prior to issuance of a building permit.
Voluntary compliance with the Waldo Canyon Fire Re-Build Provisions Agreement has been indicated by signature.
Final approval by CSFD on all permits issued by RBD is required prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) CLASS A ROOFING
A Class A roof covering (excluding solid wood roofing products) shall be installed on all Residential Occupancies and a minimum Class B roof covering shall be installed on all remaining occupancies (Not to replace Class A where already required by Table 15-A) at the time an application is made for a roofing or re-roofing building permit within the limits of the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado.|
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
A single, (1), 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher is required in all homes & town homes. It's ok to hang under a kitchen sink, in a closet, or in an ATTACHED garage, so long as it's accessible.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) PERMITS
Insure all applicable permits are obtained from the Regional Building Department and the Colorado Springs Fire Department for the work that is being done at this site.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) REVIEWS:
Colorado Springs Fire Department plan reviews are based upon information provided on the drawings and/or the attached reference material. Issues or features that are not presented within the construction documents are assumed to be complaint with applicable codes/standards. It is the responsibility of the building owner to ensure that minimum code requirements are met as established by the Authority Having Jurisdiction, whether or not the requirements are specifically indicated on the submitted construction documents.
The CSFD has reviewed the submittal in accordance with the adopted fire code requirements, CSFD local amendments, City Code Standards, and applicable NFPA Standards. All plan review comments are subject to final on-site field inspections, and testing by the CSFD. Review and approval by the CSFD shall not relieve the applicant of the responsibility of compliance with the International Fire Code.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT 10) INSPECTIONS
Due to the dynamic nature of inspectors schedules, PLEASE call your inspection requests in with ample time to allow scheduling.
When calling, please have your complete CSFD plan review number(s) ready for each inspection request.
( i.e. 20001234 - HM -2 or 20000012 - CN - 1)
The CSFD Approved sets of plans are to be on site for all inspections.
|FYI||(STANDARD COMMENT) SCHEDULING INSPECTIONS:
Please call 719-385-5982 Extension 2 to schedule all construction related inspection activities.|