NOTE - THE NOTED DISAPPROVED ITEMS MAY NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE LIST OF VIOLATIONS. THE DESIGNER IS TO CONDUCT A COMPLETE RE-REVIEW OF THE PLANS FOR ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARD COMMENTS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION PRIOR TO RESUBMITTING.
System plans must be picked up within 30 days. All system plans left longer than 30 days will be discarded as abandoned.
03026 DELTA DR
||FYI||This project is: WAGNER RENT 3026 DELTA DRIVE REMOVAL OF ONE 1,000 GAL ABOVEGROUND STORAGE TANK
EATON SALE & SERVICE, RAND ANCEL 719-475-9440
Resource GeoScience: site assessment & clean/dispose tank
ATTENTION: See our web site for our latest plan review comments for your job at:
www.springsgov.com - go to "City Agencies" (tab on the teal bar to get a drop box) - click on - "Fire Department" - (Using the links down the left side of the page), click on - "Web Guide." Once you're into the Web Guide, click on "Plan Review Status" This will also give you access to numerous other items that may assist you in your future project design work.
|FYI||ABOVEGROUND STORAGE TANK REMOVAL
SEE ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS
** ONE 1000 GALLON DIESEL/UL ABOVEGROUND STORAGE TANK TO BE REMOVED. LOCATED IN THE CENTER OF THE PROPERTY.
* THIS FACILITY SHALL NOT REQUIRE AN ANNUAL HAZMAT PERMIT IF THIS TANK AND NO ADDITIONAL MATERIALS STORED ON SITE WILL EXCEED PERMIT THRESHOLDS. INSPECTOR SHALL CLOSE OUT PERMIT ONLY AFTER EVALUATING ON SITE STORAGE.|
|FYI||3404.2.14 Removal and disposal of tanks. Removal and disposal of tanks shall comply with Sections 3404.2.14.1 and 3404.2.14.2.
3404.2.14.1 Removal. Removal of above-ground and underground tanks shall be in accordance with all of the following:
1. Flammable and combustible liquids shall be removed from the tank and connected piping.
2. Piping at tank openings that is not to be used further shall be disconnected.
3. Piping shall be removed from the ground.
Exception: Piping is allowed to be aban-doned in place where the fire code official determines that removal is not practical. Abandoned piping shall be capped and safeguarded as required by the fire code official.
4. Tank openings shall be capped or plugged, leaving a1/8- inch to1/4-inch-diameter (3.2 mm to 6.4 mm) opening for pressure equalization.
5. Tanks shall be purged of vapor and inerted prior to removal.
6. All exterior above-grade fill and vent piping shall be permanently removed.
Exception: Piping associated with bulk plants, terminal facilities and refineries.
3404.2.14.2 Disposal. Tanks shall be disposed of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.