NOTE - THE NOTED DISAPPROVED ITEMS MAY NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE LIST OF VIOLATIONS. THE DESIGNER IS TO CONDUCT A COMPLETE RE-REVIEW OF THE PLANS FOR ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARD COMMENTS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION PRIOR TO RESUBMITTING.
System plans must be picked up within 30 days. All system plans left longer than 30 days will be discarded as abandoned.
02860 ROSSMERE ST
||FYI||*****(STANDARD COMMENT 1) This project is: Residence 2860 Rossmere St Waldo Canyon Rebuild
Date of Plans: 10/16/12
You can access our web site for the latest fire department plan review comments:
1. From www.pprbd.org, select PLAN REVIEW then FIND PLANS next COLORADO SPRINGS
2. Scroll down to the correct address. You may then select APPROVED/DISAPPROVED to view comments associated with that particular project.
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) FUELS MANAGEMENT
This lot is subject to the requirements of section 20-4-105CE(2) (Ordinances 93-48 and 93-49) of the City Code establishing minimum fire fuel management safety criteria for residential construction in hillside areas.
Brush patches or clusters may be left in the safety zone, but shall be separated by clear areas of ten feet (10') or more of noncombustible materials or grass mowed to not more than four inches (4") in height.
CLEARANCE TO MAIN STRUCTURE:
No brush shall be allowed within fifteen (15') of the main structure. Conifers or other similarly combustible plants shall not be planted under soffit vents.
Exception: When approved by the Fire Official, small brush patches, not exceeding one hundred
(100) square feet in size and no more than fifteen (15) linear feet in any direction, may be allowed to encroach into this zone. This will be allowed upon the condition that structure is protected with fire resistant siding and small brush patches are not located within fifteen feet (15') of combustible decks, overhangs, or building openings and are maintained in accordance with the Colorado Springs Fire Department Wildfire Mitigation recommendations.
PRUNING OF DEAD LIMBS:
large trees shall not have overlapping limbs and shall be pruned of dead limbs to a height of ten feet (10') above the ground. tree clusters may be allowed if sufficient clear area is provided and approved.
CLEARANCE OF TREE BRANCHES TO STRUCTURES OR APPURTENANCES:
Tree branches shall not extend over or under the roof or eaves, and shall not be within fifteen feet (15') of a deck or similar combustible projection, wood burning appliance or chimney.
For additional information concerning this issue - contact our Wildfire Mitigation Program Coordinator at 385-7368 or www.springsgov.com/fire
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) HILLSIDE - IGNITION-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION is required for use as specifically enabled by the IFC.
1. A Class A roof covering (excluding solid wood materials) shall be installed on all Residential Occupancies and a minimum Class B roof covering shall be installed on remaining occupancies, unless otherwise permitted.
2. Exterior walls and siding shall be of noncombustible construction or constructed in an approved manner similar to 1 hr rated fire resistive construction. Eaves and soffits shall be of limited or non-combustible construction materials.
3. Buildings or structures shall have all under-floor areas enclosed to the ground with exterior walls.
4. Exterior doors shall be noncombustible or solid core not less than 1 3/4-inches thick. Windows within doors and glazed doors shall be tempered safety glass or multi-layered glazed panels.
5. All attic vents shall be screened with wire mesh or with hardware cloth having openings no larger than 1/8 inch. Soffit vents are allowed. Gable vents may be allowed but only as approved by the Fire Official.
6. Gutters and downspouts that are of non-combustible construction shall have caps installed that prevent combustible debris from accumulating in the trough. Vinyl gutters may be allowed, but must have a cap to prevent combustible debris from collecting in the trough and have a non-combustible landing area below the roof line, that is a minimum 5 foot distance from the side of the structure or foundation.
7. Decks and other habitable spaces shall be of non or limited combustible materials.
8. When any portion of the attached structure is located, constructed or projects over a descending slope surface greater than 10%, the area below the structure shall have all under-floor areas enclosed to within 6 inches of the ground, with exterior wall of noncombustible or one hour fire-resistive construction.
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) HILLSIDE - IGNITION-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION (CONTINUED)
9. Chimneys serving fireplaces, as well as other heating appliances in which solid or liquid fuels used shall have an approved spark arrestor or cap.
10. Protection shall be provided on the base of exterior walls, posts or columns.|
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT) CONSTRUCTION PERMIT REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
Plans for any structure lying within the Hillside Overlay area must be approved by Colorado Springs Fire Department Construction Services prior to permit issuance!
Approval will be based upon a commitment letter provided by the builder stating knowledge of and compliance with all noted hillside review comments prior to initial construction.
All requirements will require verification and approval from Colorado Springs Fire Department Construction Services prior to final sign off. |
|Attention||(STANDARD COMMENT 10) INSPECTIONS
Due to the dynamic nature of inspectors schedules, PLEASE call your inspection requests in with ample time to allow scheduling.
When calling, please have your complete CSFD plan review number(s) ready for each inspection request.
( i.e. 20001234 - HM -2 or 20000012 - CN - 1)
The CSFD Approved sets of plans are to be on site for all inspections.
NOTE: CALL 719-385-5928 AND CHOOSE OPTION 2 TO SCHEDULE INSPECTIONS.|