Resource Number: 201Historic Building Name: Parsons /Mueller ResidenceCurrent Building Name: The Woman's ClubAddress: 20 Mesa Rd.Architectural Style: Modern Movements/Minimal TraditionalYear Built: 1940
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This building is representative of the Modern style of the Minimal Traditional subtype which were erected in Colorado Springs in the 1940's. Features common to this style are the unornamented brick composition, multi-light windows and small porch. This structure is most notable for its landscaping, with the monumental stone wall enclosing the property.
Built in 1940, the initial occupants were Henry and Ina Parsons. In 1955, the building was converted for use by the Woman's Club. Chartered in 1902 with one hundred members, the Club's purpose was "To stimulate intellectual development, to promote unity and good fellowship among the members, and to strengthen individual and philanthropic effort." Locally significant.