Resource Number: 146Historic Building Name: Wray/Carpenter ResidenceCurrent Building Name: Address: Pelham Pl./39 W. Cache La Poudre St.Architectural Style: Late VictorianYear Built: 1894
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This house is associated with the early years of Colorado Springs, and also with local businessman and civic leader Henry Russell Wray, and mining broker and founder of the Colorado Springs Art Club. Mr. Wray built this structure in 1894, and the household lived here until they built the residence at 33 West Willamette in 1907.
The next residents were Clarence and Josephine L. Carpenter; Josephine was an older sister of Julie Penrose, and lived here into the 1930's. The house is Late Victorian in style. Locally significant.