Resource Number: 133Historic Building Name: Crawford/DeFlon ResidenceCurrent Building Name: Address: 132 E. Willamette Ave.Architectural Style: Late 19th and Early 20th Century American Movements/CraftsmanYear Built: 1910
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This is a well-preserved small dwelling associated with residential development in Colorado Springs in the early 1900's, and is an example of increasing density by building several smaller dwellings oriented toward an east-west cross-street rather than one larger dwelling facing the principal north-south street.
Built about 1910, possibly by local contractor James F. Crawford, the building is an example of Craftsman style with its gable roof with widely overhanging eaves, exposed rafters and triangular braces, wood shingled walls and undereave porch with square stone column and pier. The first known resident was Mrs. Mary Foster in 1912. By 1917, James F. Crawford and his wife Ella M. Crawford lived here. Later residents included Carl F. and Frances DeFlon; Mrs. DeFlon operated the Waffle Shop. Locally significant.