Resource Number: 131Historic Building Name: Rogers/Goff ResidenceCurrent Building Name: Address: 128 E. Willamette Ave.Architectural Style: Late 19th and Early 20th Century American Movements/CraftsmanYear Built: 1909
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This is a well-preserved small dwelling associated with residential development in Colorado Springs in the early 1900's, and is an example of increasing density by building several smaller dwellings oriented toward an east-west cross-street rather than one larger dwelling facing the principal north-south street.
Built in 1909, possibly by local contractor James F. Crawford, the building is an example of Craftsman style with its widely overhanging eaves with exposed rafters with triangular braces at corners, wood shingle walls, full-size undereave porch with square stone columns and piers and shingled porch walls. The first known occupant was Mrs. Nannie Rogers, the mother-in-law of James Crawford; she also lived at 132 East Willamette. Another long-term household was Albert C. and Dink Goff; Albert was involved in a variety of local businesses in the city. Locally significant.