Resource Number: 123Historic Building Name: Gregg ResidenceCurrent Building Name: Address: 9 E. Dale St.Architectural Style: Late Victorian/ItalianateYear Built: 1885
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This house is significant for it s representation of the early architecture of Colorado Springs, reflecting the Italianate style popular in the late 19th century. Representative features of this style include the low hipped roof with overhanging eaves, the paired brackets; the paneled double door with round arched lights, and the tall, narrow round arched windows and paired and triple windows.
The building was moved to this site before 1907. It once served as the residence of Rev. James B. Gregg, pastor of the First Congregational Church for 27 years. Locally significant.