Resource Number: 70Historic Building Name: Robertson Block/Robbins-on-the-CornerCurrent Building Name: 32 Bleu American Bistro/Club 32Address: 32 S. Tejon St.Architectural Style: Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals/MissionYear Built: 1880s
Click for more information
Click for more photos
Portions of this building appear to date to sometime prior to 1883; by 1887, this building was known as the Robbins Corner and housed the Odd Fellows Lodge. Originally containing three stories, the building became the longtime home of the Robbins-on-the-Corner store (lasting until 1959), providing clothing, boots and shoes. A sizeable renovation project in 1925, including the removal of the third story, created much of its current appearance.
The shaped parapets with quatrefoil insets contrast with the slender window columns, which have spiral fluting with Corinthian capitals. A representation of the Mission Revival style, its associated architect and builder remain undiscovered. Locally significant.