We CREATE CommunityHistoric Homepage

City Center

City Hall Walking Tour Map
Select a numbered resource for more information

  • Resource Number: 63
  • Historic Building Name: Hefley-Arcularius Drug Store/Murray Drug/Goodbar's
  • Current Building Name: Jack Quinn's Irish Alehouse Pub
  • Address: 21 S. Tejon St.
  • Architectural Style: Late Victorian/Italianate
  • Year Built: Pre-1883
  • Click for more information

    Click for more photos

    One of the oldest surviving buildings downtown, historic sources indicate this was a dry goods store by 1883. In 1900, Frank Arcularius and Robert Hefley opened a drug store, offering both wholesale and retail drugs and Kodak photographic processing. The three Goodbar brothers purchased the property in 1943, where they operated a men's clothing shop. More recently, Jack Quinn's renovated the building, removing the 1950's metal cladding to reveal the second floor façade and redesigning the ground-level storefront as a traditional Irish pub.

    The architect of this Italinate building, as well as its builder, is unknown. Locally significant.

Photo

Additional Site Information
Historic Resources Homepage
Return to top