Resource Number: 45Historic Building Name: Seventh Day Adventist ChurchCurrent Building Name: Holy Reformation Church House of PrayerAddress: 324 N. Wahsatch Ave.Architectural Style: Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals/Classical RevivalYear Built: 1917
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This building is associated with the history of religious organization in Colorado Springs, having been erected as the Seventh Day Adventist Church and School in 1917. The congregation organized in 1891 and purchased a lot on North Nevada Avenue "...above the college," but this is the first known building they constructed. The site was acquired in 1911 and the church was built and dedicated in 1917. A day school operated in the basement.
The structure is regarded as Classical Revival in style, with pedimented gable and portico with full-height Doric columns. The building is further distinguished by its unusual coursed shingles and three over three light, double-hung sash windows. State Register eligible.