Resource Number: 195Historic Building Name: Greyhound Lines Bus TerminalCurrent Building Name: Gentry's FlowersAddress: 225 E. Pikes Peak Ave.Architectural Style: Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals/Pueblo RevivalYear Built: 1941
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This modest building is associated with the intercity and interstate transportation industry in Colorado Springs. Constructed by the Greyhound lines, it's an example of Pueblo Revival style, rarely found in the Downtown area. As originally constructed, it had a canopy extending to the east to provide cover for bus passengers and service personnel.
Opened in 1941, just before Pearl Harbor, it occupied part of the site of the Grace Episcopal Church; the remainder of that building adjoins the Terminal to the west. It now serves as a flower shop. Locally significant.