Resource Number: 179Historic Building Name: Nifong/Goetz ResidenceCurrent Building Name: Address: 439 E. Bijou St.Architectural Style: Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals/Classical Revival/Classic CottageYear Built: 1905
Click for more information
Click for more photos
This house is a good example of the Classic Cottage Style dwellings, popular during the early 20th century. This style is reflected in the boxy shape, hipped roof with front dormer, variety of windows and porch with classic columns. Constructed around 1905, the first resident was Dr. Jefferson D. Nifong, a surgeon from Missouri that officed in the Hagerman Building.
From the 1930's through the 1960's, the residence was owned and occupied by Henry and Martha Goetz who were associated with the Couture's French Cleaning and Dyeing Company. Locally significant.