Colorado Springs Police Department
Senior Victim Assistance Team
Looking for a fulfilling way to invest your time? Join the Senior victim Assistance Team – a civilian volunteer team of the Colorado Springs Police Department.
When seniors are victims of crime, neglect, abuse and fraud, the team steps in to help. We’re looking for individuals and couples who want to serve in their community.
The CSPD Senior Victim Assistance Team (SVAT) Volunteers provide:
- Victims with immediate crisis intervention and follow up support for adults 60 years of age or older or to at-risk adults 18 years of age or older.
- Referrals to appropriate legal, health and human services agencies.
- Help in completing traffic accident reports and insurance forms.
- Help in finding emergency food, shelter and medical assistance.
- Assistance in the replacement of identification and credit cards, food stamps, Social Security checks, hearing aids, eyeglasses, canes, lock, and broken windows.
- Information and consultation about crime prevention.
- An ear to listen.
This is your opportunity to be an important part of this team. Training is provided.
You can make a real difference. Call 719-444-7441 for additional information.
If you need emergency assistance, please call 911. For non-emergency service, please call 719-444-7438 and leave a message. A SVAT Team Member will return your call within 24 hours.
Please check out the following websites. They provide additional information and contacts related to Victim Assistance and Senior related issues.