Vanpool Makes Long Distance Commuting Easy
Please visit http://transit.coloradosprings.gov/transportation/public-transportation/alternative-transportation/mountain-metro-rides-vanpool for the most up-to-date information this page is no longer being updated.
Mountain Metro Rides vanpool service is a smart choice for groups of commuters who live and work near each other and travel more than 30 miles each way, to and from work. Passengers share the ride and pay a low monthly fare for a minivan seating up to 7, or a full-size van seating up to 12.
How vanpool works:
- A group of 6 to12 people share a ride to work in a van dedicated to their commute, for a monthly fare based on the mileage and number of passengers in the van.
- Vanpool riders volunteer to drive, track maintenance and submit paperwork.
- Volunteer vanpool drivers must have clean motor vehicle records, receive insurance approvals and sign vanpool agreements.
How to form a vanpool:
- Email co-workers or post notices at work.
- Talk to co-workers about forming a vanpool.
- Post notices in nearby buildings and have those interested contact you.
- Contact the Metro Rides Vanpool Specialist and find out if there are people near your work or home who are on a vanpool waiting list.
Once you have a vanpool group:
- Set up a brief planning meeting to decide on a time and place to meet (see Park-n-Ride locations).
- Choose your drivers and riders (it's easier than it sounds).
- Complete your sign-up forms (both online and printable forms are available).
- Sit back and enjoy the savings - and the ride!