Back to Police

705 S Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: 719-444-7000 (General)
Contact: Office of the Chief
Email: chiefoff@ci.colosp. . .
Hours: 24 Hours a Day

City of Colorado Springs / Police / Frequently Asked Questions / Parking

frequently asked questions

Parking Questions and Answers


Is it legal to park my recreation vehicle on the public street in front of my home overnight to load or unload?
In a Residential Zone, Colorado Springs City Code states that Recreational Vehicles must be parked/stored in the side or rear yard, or, on a driveway, if they are at least ten feet back from the inside of the sidewalk. If yard size, driveway length, steepness of the terrain, or existing landscaping makes that impossible, you may leave the RV on the public right of way for a time no greater than necessary for the expeditious loading and unloading of passengers or property.

For more information, please visit our Parking Enforcement pages

How do I get a Handicapped Parking Permit?
The Police Department does not issues these permits. You will need to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at 719-520-6240.

How can I become a member of your Handicapped Parking Enforcement Unit?
Please contact our Volunteer Enforcement Unit at 719.444.7820.

Can my grandmother use her handicapped hang card from another state here in Colorado Springs?
Yes, so long as your grandmother is the driver or a passenger in the vehicle.

I received a parking ticket downtown on Saturday. I thought Saturday parking was free.
Sunday parking is free but Saturday parking fees are the same as during the week. Free evening parking begins at 6:00 pm.

Where do I pay for my parking ticket?
At the Municipal Court house, 224 East Kiowa Street. They are open from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, excluding City Holidays. If you would like more information on parking tickets, click here.

My car just got booted. How do I get the boot removed?
For a vehicle that has been immobilized (booted), appear at Room 108 (Municipal Court - 224 East Kiowa) to pay all fines and additional fees incurred by the immobilization (only cash will be accepted). For more information on tickets and payments, click here.