Back to Police

705 S Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: 719-444-7000 (General)
Contact: Office of the Chief
Email: chiefoff@ci.colosp. . .
Hours: 24 Hours a Day

City of Colorado Springs / Police / Frequently Asked Questions / Drugs and Alcohol

frequently asked questions

Drugs and Alcohol Questions

How do I report suspected drug activity in my neighborhood or drug activity that I know about?
Call our Narc Tip line at 444-3111. You can provide information anonymously, but it is best to please leave your name and phone number if you would like a call back on the status of your tip. Or e-mail Metro VNI

If I am under 21, what is the punishment for being in possession of alcohol?

  • 1st Offense- Deferred sentence, 24 hours community service and ordered to attend Level I Alcohol Class.
  • 2nd Offense- Deferred sentence is revoked and the defendant is given a $100 fine and will lose their driver's license for a year.
  • 3rd Offense- The one year driver's license revocation is extended. (El Paso District Attorney's Office, 2000)


If I am under 21 and caught with a fake I.D., what can happen to me?
Possessing a fake I.D. is a class 3 misdemeanor. With a class 3 misdemeanor, the defendant is ordered a $50 fine, 6 months imprisonment, $750 fine or, in some cases, both. (Colorado State Statutes, 2001)

How old do you have to be to get into a bar?
There is no law that prevents any age of person from entering a bar. Each bar establishes their own policy regarding the ages of its clientele, and it is the bar's discretion to allow persons under the age of twenty-one inside. However, it is illegal to purchase or consume alcohol if you are under the age of 21.

What are the signs of a Meth Lab?Click here to go to our Metro VNI Section. They provide the signs, recognition and awareness information!