WHAT IS COMMUTE WEEK?
Mountain Metropolitan Transit (MMT), in collaboration with several local groups and organizations, present the first annual Commute Week to celebrate and promote alternative modes of transportation, including walking, biking, car or vanpooling, and riding local transit.
TRY TRANSIT DAY CELEBRATION- Friday, May 9, from 12 p.m.—8 p.m.
MMT will offer FREE bus rides between the downtown Colorado Springs bus stop at Cascade/Colorado, Pikes Peak Community College S. Academy Blvd. campus, and Ivywild School! Commute time is between 15 and 20 minutes. If you have never used the City bus system, now is your chance. Friendly people on board each bus will give you all the information you need to become a green commuter. Fort Carson will also provide a free shuttle from the post to PPCC. The Try Transit Day Celebration will include a concentration of activities and entertainment, including:
- Live entertainment, raffles and giveaways.
- Live broadcast on local radio.
- Discount on Bristol Brewing Company's Mass Transit Ale
- Commuter exhibition in the Ivywild School gymnasium.
- Entertainment for kids.
Raffle Prizes Awarded at the Try Transit Day Celebration include:
GIFT CERTIFICATES TO:
- 2 South Wine Bar
- 45 Degrees Custom Framing
- Baracuuda Bazaar
- Bon Ton’s Café
- City Rock
- Colorado Mountain Brewery
- Downtown Colorado Springs
- Studio 101 Fine Art Lessons for Kids
- Thai Mint
AS WELL AS PRIZES FROM:
Throughout the week, transit riders will be eligible to receive discounts from local retailers by presenting their bus tickets. Just present your bus pass and receive great discounts at the following local businesses:
- Alpine Hearth and BBQ – Save 10% - Route 3
- Millibo Art Theater – Save $3 per person on tickets (up to $50). Check out the Incredible Millibo Circus, May 3-18. - Routes 10, 11, 16
- Nice ‘n’ Naughty – Save 15% - Route 3
- Pizzeria Rustica – Save 10% - Route 3
- South Jersey Sub Shop – Get $1 off any order - Route 25
- TAPAteria – Save 10% - Route 3
- Wendy’s – Save 10% - Routes 3, 5, 9A, 12, 14, 15, 16, 23, 25
MMT is encouraging employers to participate in a commuter challenge that will have workers using alternative transportation (bus, bike & bus, carpool, walking, biking, etc.) to compete for prizes awarded to most commuters, most miles traveled, and more.