2014 LART Application Process
THE 2014 LART APPLICATION PROCESS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Colorado Springs City Council and the Lodging and Automobile Rental Tax (LART) Advisory Committee is no longer accepting applications for funding for visitor attraction and economic development related events and programs for calendar year 2014. Applications were due by Monday, July 8, 2013. Following the proposal deadline, the LART Committee will review proposals, schedule presentations as needed and make recommendations to the City Council who will make all decisions for the use of LART funds.
Click here to download the applicaiton and instructions in Word.
Click here to download the application and instructions as a PDF.
Please note the following:
- City-sponsored events approved by resolution or ordinance must submit an application and budget. These events will be given priority consideration for funding.
- Organizations that can document the number of visitors they attract to the region and an increase overnight stays or how their program generates economic growth will be most competitive.
- Your budget should follow the format provided, however, you are encouraged to create your own spreadsheet in Excel. (The Word format is not user friendly.)
- For 2014, nonprofit organizations that receive cash sponsorships will still be eligible for the nonprofit rate (50%) for City services. If you request a cash contribution and will need City services for your event, please include in your budget the estimated full cost of City services as an expenditure and include 50% of that cost as confirmed in-kind support from the City.
- Funding recommendations will be presented to City Council on August 12 and public comment will be taken on the recommendations at Council’s regular meeting on August 27.
Questions? Contact Jan Martin at 719-385-5486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.