Alternative Education Program
Option #1 – 60 college credits or an associate degree.
Option #2 – 30 college credits plus:
- Candidates must have 30 college credits prior to the training academy start date. We will accept college credits from any college or university, as long as those schools are nationally or regionally accredited.
- Once Candidates are selected for hire and notified by us, they shall be required to register and enroll with an affiliated college (as listed below) to obtain an additional 30 credits for successful completion of the Colorado Springs Police Academy.
- Candidate shall enter into a signed agreement with the Colorado Springs Police Department supporting the education requirement.
- Candidate shall provide the required transcripts showing proof of thirty (30) credits, sign a memorandum of agreement, and provide proof of enrollment at the time a final offer of employment is issued. Failure to provide and sign these documents shall result in disqualification from the process.
- All questions related to the educational option shall be directed to the specific school chosen by the candidate and not to employees of the Colorado Springs Police Department
- Military experience or training does not substitute our minimum education requirement.
Brandon Pagani, Learning Solutions Manager
Colorado State University-Global Campus
7800 East Orchard Road, Suite 200
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111
Cell Phone: (720) 415-2947
Fax: (303) 770-4182
Email : email@example.com
Dr. Michael A. Verro
Program Director, Criminal Justice
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203