Out of State Applicants- Laterals and Recruits
How many trips do I have to make to get hired?
- Take Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- Take Written Test
- Take 16 PF Exam
- Oral Board Interview
- Psychological Interview
- Medical Evaluation
- Interview with Background Investigator
- Psychological Exam
An out of state applicant must make their first trip for the testing phase. This must be done in Colorado Springs.
Applicants that pass the initial testing process and basic background will receive a conditional offer. Once the conditional offer is made, out of state applicants will be contacted individually to schedule their 2nd trip. This trip will require a 3 day stay in Colorado Springs.
We understand the burden this places on out of state applicants and have made every effort to consolidate the process into as few trips as possible. Out of state applicants may be able to complete the entire process within 2 trips, at their own expense.
Steps In The Process
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
- Qualified applicants will receive an email instructing them to submit official transcripts.
- Once transcripts are verified, applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to fill out the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) and the In Processing Form.
- PHQ's go through a basic background investigation to be reviewed for disqualifiers.
- If selected, you will be invited to test (1st Trip)
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on their test score and oral interview score.
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will receive a conditional offer and proceed to full backgrounds (2nd Trip).
- If an applicant passes these steps, their file is presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment.