In State Applicants – Laterals and Recruits
What can I expect through the process?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
- Applicants who successfully complete the application will be emailed the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) and the In-processing form for completion and will be scheduled for the written examination. Written exams will be conducted on July 7, 8 and 9.
- Applicants passing the written exam will be invited to schedule their Physical Ability Test (PAT). This will be scheduled on a Saturday or a Sunday. PATs will be scheduled on July 12 and July 26.
- Applicants who pass the PAT, you will schedule the oral interview. This will be scheduled on the day of your PAT or the following Sunday. Oral Boards will be scheduled on July 12 & 13 and July 26 and 27.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on written test scores and oral interview scores.
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will submit your PHQ, transcripts and military personnel file for a pre-screen. DO NOT submit transcripts prior to this step.
- Applicants that successfully complete the pre-screening will receive a conditional offer and proceed to full backgrounds.
- In state applicants will be required to attend a mandatory meeting to fill out a polygraph book and take their Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) and 16 PF exam. Applicants will also self-schedule their Polygraph and Psychological Interview.
- If applicant passes these steps, their file is presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment contingent on successful completion of a medical evaluation.