In State Applicants – Laterals and Recruits
What can I expect through the process?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
- Qualified applicants will receive an email instructing them to submit official transcripts.
- Once transcripts are verified, applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to self schedule a 16 PF Exam, fill out the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) and the In Processing Form.
- You will attend your self-selected 16 PF Exam time and submit your PHQ and In Processing Form
- PHQs go through a basic background investigation to be reviewed for disqualifiers.
- Applicants passing the basic background investigation will be invited to schedule their Physical Ability Test (PAT).
- If you pass the PAT, you will schedule your written exam and oral interview.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on test scores and oral interview scores.
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will receive a conditional offer and proceed to full backgrounds.
- In state applicants will be required to attend a mandatory meeting to fill out a polygraph book and take their Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) exam. Applicants will also self-schedule their Polygraph and Psychological Interview.
- If applicant passes these steps, their file is presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment.