In State Applicants – Laterals and Recruits
What can I expect through the process?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
- Applicants passing the written exam will be invited to schedule their Physical Ability Test (PAT). This will be scheduled on a Saturday or a Sunday.
- Applicants who pass the PAT, you will schedule the oral interview. This will be scheduled on the day of your PAT or the following Sunday.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on written test scores and oral interview scores.
- Applicants who successfully past the testing process will be emailed the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ).
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will submit your PHQ, transcripts and military personnel file for a pre-screen. DO NOT submit transcripts prior to this step.
- Applicants that successfully complete the pre-screening will receive a conditional offer and proceed to full backgrounds.
- In state applicants will be required to attend a mandatory meeting to fill out a polygraph book and take their Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) and 16 PF exam. Applicants will also self-schedule their Polygraph and Psychological Interview.
- If applicant passes these steps, their file is presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment contingent on successful completion of a medical evaluation.