In State Applicants – Laterals and Recruits
What can I expect through the process?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. The computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
- Applicants will receive an email with instructions on taking the MPulse evaluation.
- Applicants who successfully complete the evaluation will be emailed the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) and the In-processing form for completion and will be scheduled for the written examination.
- Applicants who successfully complete the written examination will submit their completed PHQ at that time.
- PHQs go through a basic background investigation and are reviewed for disqualifiers.
- Applicants passing the basic background investigation will be invited to schedule their Physical Ability Test (PAT). This will be scheduled on a Saturday.
- Applicants who pass the PAT, you will schedule the oral interview. This will be scheduled on the day of your PAT or the following Sunday.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on written test scores and oral interview scores.
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will receive a conditional offer and proceed to full backgrounds. If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to submit official transcripts for all colleges you have attended DO NOT submit transcripts prior to conditional offer.
- In state applicants will be required to attend a mandatory meeting to fill out a polygraph book and take their Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) and 16 PF exam. Applicants will also self-schedule their Polygraph and Psychological Interview.
- If applicant passes these steps, their file is presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment contingent on successful completion of a medical evaluation.