Goals and Objectives
Steering Committee Members and Citizens participate in February 4 meeting.
· An understanding of the citizen needs and support for public transit in the
· More reliable and stable local funding for public transit services
· A better aligned governance and funding platform for our region
Study objectives are:
· Build consent on the most appropriate governance and funding structure to deliver regional public transit service
· Engage area citizens, regional stakeholders, and community leaders to determine the preferred role for public transit in the region, including desired service levels
Governance and funding options being considered:
Steering Committee Meetings are open to the public.
Could transit service in the region be "privatized?" (For the response to this questions and others, link to the Frequently Asked Question #10)