Back to Police

705 S Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: 719-444-7000 (General)
Contact: Office of the Chief
Email: chiefoff@ci.colosp. . .
Hours: 24 Hours a Day

City of Colorado Springs / Police / Frequently Asked Questions / Records Release

Records Release Frequently Asked Questions



What type of information is contained in my local criminal history?

Your local criminal history records will contain any arrest, prior warrant information, and criminal charges that resulted from contact with the Colorado Springs Police Department.



How long does it take to process my record request?

Requests are processed in the order they are received and the time needed to process the request varies based on the complexity of the request. Normally, requests are processed within 7 to 10 business days. You can help avoid delays in your request by ensuring the form is filled out completely and the applicable fee is enclosed.



Are reports available online?

Regretfully, police reports are not available on the Internet at this time. The Records Section is researching software applications that will allow us to offer this service in the future. A Notice will be posted on this website when this service becomes available.



If reports are not available online can I have my request emailed to me?

Yes, you may request to have your report emailed to an address of your indication. The requested information will arrive in PDF format and you will need to have a program that can view PDF such as Adobe Reader. All audio files are released in a .wav format.

To ensure that you receive your request be sure to adjust your spam filter to allow - In addition, the City has restrictions on the size of outbound email attachments. If you request is over this limit you will receive your request by US Mail.



Can I request a report about an incident that occurred at my neighbors house?

Yes, the law generally allows for anyone to request a police record. It should be noted that certain information protected by law will be redacted (blacked out).



How can I request a record?

Please follow this link to request a record from the Colorado Springs Police Department.



How do I get my record expunged or sealed?

In order to have a record expunged from your record or to seal your record, you must contact the court located in the county in which you were charged.