Operations and Maintenance of Permanent BMPs
Program for Ensuring Operations and Maintenance of Private and Public Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs)
The program requires the owner of a new development with a permanent BMP to enter into a Maintenance Agreement (MA) with the City of
The owner is also responsible for submitting an annual inspection and copies of all inspection and maintenance forms by May 31st of each year to the City of
The IM plan consists of the following documents:
Maintenance Agreement Worksheet
Title Sheet - Stormwater Best Management Practices Inspection and Maintenance Plan
Appendix A - Description of Stormwater Facility and Inspection and Maintenance Procedure
Appendix B - BMP Facility SOPs (for each type of facility)
Appendix C - Inspection Form for each facility
Appendix D - Maintenance Form for each type of facility
Appendix E - Annual Inspection and Maintenance Reporting Form
Appendix F - Erosion and Stormwater Quality Control Plan/As-Builts (include as-builts once available)
Appendix G - BMP Maintenance Cost Estimates
Appendix H - PE Certification (once certification available).
All documents can be downloaded by clicking on the appropriate link for the type of BMP being proposed below.
For best results in opening the following documents, use Internet Browser. An error occurs using Mozilla Firefox.
Note: If proposed BMP is not listed, owner must create their own SOP, Inspection, and Maintenance forms.
As of August 2010, the Maintenance Agreement Worksheet will replace the Maintenance Agreement Template. Please continue to use Maintenance Agreement Template for reference.
- Maintenance Agreement Template (For Reference Only)
- PE Certification Checklist for Constructed Wetland Basins (CWB)
- PE Certification Checklist for Sand Filter Extended Detention Basin (SFB)
- PE Certification Checklist for Modular Block Porous Pavement (MBP)
- PE Certification Checklist for Porous Pavement Detention (PPD)
- PE Certification Checklist for Retention Ponds (RP)
- PE Certification Checklist for Porous Landscape Detention (PLD)
For archived reference materials, contact Joel Mackey at 719-385-5097