Forest Management In Garden of the Gods
In 2009 City Forestry treated another 40 acres of dead oak brush in the Scotsman Trail management unit of
- Increase aesthetics
- Increase forest health by creating mosaics of small-acreage openings that encourage growth of alternate species
- Manage for safer ingress and egress for park visitors and emergency vehicles
- Change the arrangement of the dead vegetation and increase decomposition of dead material
- Separate by 1.5 times the height of the stems to reduce the clump continuity and to mitigate fuels composition
- Create or utilize fuel breaks between management units
- Remove stems or entire clumps that are more than 70% dead.
City Forestry will contract with The Natural Way to treat 60 acres using the same prescription in the Buckskin North and South management units.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.