2009 Fiscal Actions
On February 24, 2009, City Council amended the 2009 budget in response to the revenue shortfall projected for 2009. Please click the link for the ordinance amending the budget for the City's General Fund, Public Safety Sales Tax (PSST) Fund, and the Support Services Fund. 2009 Budget Amendment Ordinance (PDF)
Please click the link for the revisions made to 2009 Amended Budget. Revisions to the 2009 General Fund Budget (PDF)
Please Click the link for the Impact Statements of the reductions made to the 2009 Amended Budget. Impact Statements based on the 14.5% Reduction (PDF)
A Guide to the Colorado Springs City Budget
This guide provides a brief overview of the budget document and helps identify the section in which the reader may be most interested. The City Budget contains the City Officials, and is followed by the City Manager's Letter, City Organizational Chart, 2009 Budget Objectives, Colorado Springs at a Glance, General Fund Summary, All Funds Summary, Position Summary, Narratives, General Costs, Capital Improvements, and Appendices.
A brief description and a link to each document is provided below.
- The listing of City Officials provides the City Council members, Council Appointees, Senior City Management Staff, and members of the Budget staff.
- The City Manager's Letter provides an overview of the budget, the major financial and service issues, and strategies for the General Fund.
- The City Organizational Chart provides an overview of the City organizational structure.
- The 2009 Budget Objectives provides an overview of the objectives that were established by City Council at the beginning of the 2009 Budget preparation cycle.
- Colorado Springs at a Glance provides fast facts about Colorado Springs, such as population, median age, and street miles, and a Community Profile.
- The General Fund Summary contains the Economic Overview, Revenue Overview, and Expenditure Overview. The General Fund includes basic services such as: Community, Infrastructure, and Development; Finance and Administrative Services; Fire; Police; Transportation and Parks. This section provides tables and graphs of revenues and expenditures.
- The All Funds Summary provides an overview of budgets, a fund balance overview for all funds, a brief review of the City's financial and fund structure, and contains information on special revenue, internal services, and fiduciary funds.
- The Position Summary provides an overview of the distribution of employees by fund and business center. It also presents changes in employees between current year and prior year as well as historical budget information.
- The Department Narratives contain summary information at the organizational unit level. This includes an organizational chart, a summary of the department, operating budget, personnel summary, major changes to the budget, performance indicators, and major objectives. Click on any of the following to view the narrative:
- The Capital Improvements section provides a description of the City's ongoing capital improvements proposed for funding in 2009.
- The final section is the Appendices, which includes a Glossary of Terms, Budget Development, Financial Policies, the City's Strategic Plan, Detailed Revenue Estimates, a list of the City's Human Services Contracts, a list of the City's Changes to the General Fund Budget, the Changes to User Fees and Charges, the Vehicle Replacements, the Appropriations Ordinances, and the Index.