Lights and Locks for Seniors
City of Colorado Springs Residents
The Housing Development Division, in cooperation with the Colorado Springs Police Department, provides grant assistance to low-and moderate-income seniors to improve the security of their homes. Security improvements can include deadbolts, peep holes, motion sensor lighting, safety chains, strike plates, replacement of exterior hollow core doors and other improvements.
Homeowner grant maximum: $1,500
Tenant grant maximum: $750
- You must be 55 years of age or older
- You must meet the guidelines located on the Income Guidelines page
- The property must be your primary residence
- Tenant: must provide a completed Program Authorization form on the forms page signed by the property owner or authorized agent
You must be willing to have a member of the Colorado Springs Police Department Crime Prevention Unit complete a Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) inspection of your property.
Click here for the Crime Prevention Officer in your area.
- The property cannot exceed current HUD after rehabilitation values
- The property cannot be located in the floodplain
Once you qualify and have a completed CPTED report, a Redevelopment Specialist will meet with you to discuss the improvements suggested in the CPTED and obtain a contractor to make the improvements.
For more information, call (719) 385-5912 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.