City of Colorado Springs Hiring Process
Features of the City's NEOGOV Online Application System
- Create their own unique user identification and password
- Save their applicant profile information in the NEOGOV/GovernmentJobs system and update it as needed
- Copy and paste their resume into their application
- Use one application to apply for several City jobs
- Request email alerts when job announcements are posted
NEOGOV is available to applicants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Advertisement of City Jobs
Job vacancies are posted on SpringsGov.com, GovernmentJobs.com, and Connecting Colorado. They may also be advertised in local newspapers (including minority newspapers and trade journals), select Internet sites, and through community organizations.
Applying for a City Position
The NEOGOV online application system uses state-of-the-art technology which gives applicants greater flexibility in the application process. NEOGOV is the technology leader in serving public sector organizations across the country.
Applicants can search for jobs by clicking the "Job Posting" link in the information box to the right of the City Jobs webpage or by going to www.springsgov.com > City Jobs, then clicking the blue "Job Openings Apply Now" button in the middle of the page. It is not necessary to register with the new application system to search for jobs. However, registration is required in order to apply for an advertised position using an email address. Providers that offer a free email address include Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo. Public libraries offer applicants the ability to access email accounts. The email address on the application can only be used for one account. If there are several individuals in a household who are interested in employment with the City, each person must establish a separate email account.
Applications must be submitted through our online system by 11:59 p.m. (MST) on the closing date listed on the job announcement. An application cannot be submitted for consideration until the applicant accepts its terms and conditions and clicks the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. When the application is submitted, a confirmation email is sent to the email address listed on the application. Also, communication during the hiring process occurs by email. Please adjust your spam blocker to ensure that you receive these emails. An application must be submitted for every position of interest to the applicant.
Human Resources will not accept or consider applications or resumes that are mailed, emailed, faxed, or dropped off at our office for positions that are advertised through NEOGOV. Applications submitted to the City of Colorado Springs may be subject to release upon request under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Completing/Updating the Application
- Provide sufficient information on your application regarding your education, work experience, and applicable licenses/certifications to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for each position that you submit an application.
- Use your full legal name, including last name, first name, and middle initial.
- Complete all sections of the application - do not use "see resume." You may attach a resume to your application, but the application must be completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- After you submit an application, you can update your information at any time. Please note that your updated information will be used when applying for future jobs.
- An employment offer may be conditioned upon certain background checks/assessments, including but not limited to, successful completion of a pre-employment alcohol/drug test, review of criminal background records, skills assessment testing, verification of educational attainment, any applicable post-offer medical examinations, review of work references, and valid licenses/certifications required for the position.
- Employment applications are accepted only for posted positions.
- Our online application operates on NEOGOV's secure server to ensure your privacy.
The City of Colorado Springs reserves the right to change its new hire selection process at any time, without prior notice.