Rules and Regulations
Please follow the rules!
- The area provides a pristine environment with an abundance of wildlife and scenic beauty. Please maintain the serenity and keep noise levels low.
- No Alcoholic Beverages.
- It is unlawful to discharge anything into the water, which may cause pollution. Swimming by humans and pets is prohibited.
- Protect the wildlife in the area. Do not feed, chase, capture or harm the native wildlife.
- Hunting or the possession of firearms for any purpose is not permitted.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- Natural features must not be disturbed. Please do not deface or remove any of the areas flowers, rocks or trees.
- Gathering of firewood is not allowed without a permit.
- Dispose of trash in trash receptacles.
- Pets must be on leash at all times. Pets are not allowed in the water.
- Open fires are prohibited. Only charcoal briquettes are allowed in the permanently mounted grills.
- Activities such as swimming, sail boating, wind surfing, camping, and horseback riding are prohibited.
- Foot trails are provided from the parking lot trailheads to the shorelines of the three reservoirs and are designated for hikers only. Please stay on established trails. Trampling of the vegetation causes soil erosion.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to designated roads and parking lots Parking along roadways is not allowed.
- Please obey the posted speed limit.
- Fishing at each reservoir is individually regulated, so before fishing, please check the regulations posted in the parking lot areas.
- Recreation area is closed for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
- Parking areas must be cleared at designated closing times. The Pikes Peak Highway gate is locked 30 minutes after the areas close.
- Access: From Pikes Peak Highway only. Due to steep grades, motor homes are not permitted at North and South Catamount Reservoirs.