Boat and Fishing Information
The North Slope of Pikes Peak offers many water recreation opportunities to explore!
- Boats must be brought to the area on car top carriers or in the back of pick-up trucks. Trailers are prohibited on the Pikes Peak Highway. State boating regulations apply.
- Boats must be carried from the parking areas to the boat entry points. Vehicle access to boat entry points is not available.
- Boats must be propelled by oars, paddles or electric motors. Gas engines are prohibited.
- All boaters must wear Coast Guard approved personal floatation devices.
- Belly boats may be used.
- All areas require a Colorado fishing license for those ages 16 or older. Children under the age of 16 may take a full daily bag and possession limit without a valid Colorado fishing license.
- The bag and possession limit for trout is four fish, no more than two of which may be a lake trout.
- Bait can be used at Crystal Creek and South Catamount reservoirs. North Catamount is restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- For more information, contact the Colorado Division of Wildlife at (719) 227-5200.