Boat and Fishing Information
AS OF MAY 6, 2013
South Catamount and Crystal Creek Reservoirs are open.
North Catamount remains closed until further notice. Staff is monitoring the site daily for changes in ice conditions.
The North Slope of Pikes Peak offers many water recreation opportunities to explore!
- Boats must be brought to the area on car top carriers or in the back of pick-up trucks. Trailers are prohibited on the Pikes Peak Highway. State boating regulations apply.
- Boats must be carried from the parking areas to the boat entry points. Vehicle access to boat entry points is not available.
- Boats must be propelled by oars, paddles or electric motors. Gas engines are prohibited.
- All boaters must wear Coast Guard approved personal floatation devices.
- Belly boats may be used.
- All areas require a Colorado fishing license for those ages 16 or older. Children under the age of 16 may take a full daily bag and possession limit without a valid Colorado fishing license.
- The bag and possession limit for trout is four fish, no more than two of which may be a lake trout.
- Bait can be used at Crystal Creek and South Catamount reservoirs. North Catamount is restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- For more information, contact the Colorado Division of Wildlife at (719) 227-5200.