Community Park Facilities & Maps
Community Parks are generally 25 to 100 acres in size, and are intended to serve the needs of several neighborhoods as well as community-wide needs. Community parks provide active recreational facilities such as athletic fields, swimming pools, community recreation buildings and/or other special features that cannot be readily accommodated in neighborhood parks. Other amenities can include walking paths, open sod grass areas, picnic areas with pavillions, playgrounds as well as court facilities found in neighborhood parks.
List of Community Parks
(Community parks named after a person are inventoried by last name.)
Please note that we are aware of problems with some internet browsers not being able to open the interactive maps. Currently, the best browser to use is Microsoft Internet Explorer. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues.
America the Beautiful Park (formerly Confluence Park), 126 Cimino Dr. (south of Colorado Ave., north of Cimarron St, east of I-25; best access south off Colorado Ave.). Playground, walking paths, picnic pavillion and restrooms. Access to Midland Trail and Pikes Peak Greenway Trail. 16.7 acres.
America the Beautiful Park Map (.gif)
America the Beautiful Park Map
Coleman, Norman "Bulldog", 4385 Tutt Ave. (north of Sky Sox Stadium). Lighted soccer stadium, parking lot access off Barnes Rd. and Charlotte Pkwy. 54.0 acres.
Coleman Park Map
Cottonwood Creek, 7040 Rangewood Dr. (Dublin Blvd. & Rangewood Dr.). Cottonwood Creek Recreation Center (indoor pool), picnic tables, playground, restrooms, sledding, four soccer fields, three softball/baseball fields, tennis courts, in-line hockey court, disc golf course, walking and running paths, (wheelchair accessible). 77.1 acres.
Cottowood Creek Park Map
Cottonwood Creek Park Map, page 1
Cottonwood Creek Park Map, page 2
Memorial, 1605 E. Pikes Peak Ave. (E. Pikes Peak and Hancock Aves.). YMCA operates the Memorial Park Recreation Center (indoor pool), fitness room, social/play room; swimming lessons. (Best access off S. Union Blvd. just south of E. Pikes Peak Ave.)
- Prospect Lake and Bath House: swimming beach, boating (motorized and non-motorized), two fishing areas (one wheelchair accessible fishing dock).
- Mark "Pa" Sertich Ice Center: public ice skating, lessons.
- Velodrome: bicycle racing track, roller skate racing track.
- Sports Center: Parks and Recreation's Sports Division Administrative Office; three baseball/softball fields, 15 football/soccer fields, 12 tennis courts with Tennis Center.
- Other facilities: picnicking, large-group picnic area (by reservation), bicycle criterium, horseshoe courts, multi-play court, three playgrounds (including Phil Long/Denver Broncos Community Playground with ADA accessibility), restrooms, public telephones, vending machines, concessions. Prospect Lake Fitness Trail: 1.25 miles, Criterium Trail: .6 miles, perimeter jogging trail: 2.2 miles. 196.1 acres.
Memorial Park Map
General 5k route around Memorial Park
Second general 5k route around Memorial Park
Monument Valley, 170 W. Cache La Poudre St. (Park access at various locations from Monroe St. and Wood Ave. on the north end of the park to W. Bijou St. and Sierra Madre St. at the south end of the park), adjacent to Monument Creek.
- Northern portion: Baseball/softball field, soccer field, playground, walking and biking paths, geologic column, access to the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail.
Southern Portion: Outdoor pool, baseball/softball field, tennis courts, basketball courts, sand volleyball area, fishing (two ponds), picnicking (small and large group picnic shelters), playground, restrooms, hiking and biking trails, access to Pikes Peak Greenway Trail, (wheelchair accessible).
Total acreage 153.4 acres.
- Horticultural Art Society Demonstration Gardens and City Greenhouse located on the northeast corner of Mesa Rd. and Glen Ave.
Monument Valley Park Map
Quail Lake, 915 Cheyenne Mountain Blvd. (Cheyenne Mountain Blvd. and Quail Lake Rd.). Basketball court, non-motorized boating, fishing, picnicking, playground, large group shelter, sledding, Quail Lake Fitness Trail (hiking, biking, jogging, and fitness, 1 mile in length) two sand volleyball courts. 113.0 acres.
Quail Lake Park Map
Rampart, 8270 Lexington Dr., (access parking lot from Lexington Dr. north of Rampart High School). Basketball court, baseball field, tennis courts, playground, picnic shelter, restroom, perimeter sidewalk, BMX track, soccer field and dog park area. 78.4 acres.
Rampart Park Map
Wilson Ranch, 2335 Allegheny Dr. (just west of Centennial Blvd.). Wilson Ranch Outdoor Pool, picnic pavilion, playground, tennis courts, in-line hockey court with basketball hoops, backstop for softball/baseball. SCIP project completed in 2001. 11.4 acres.
Wilson Ranch Park Map
Total Community Park Acres: 700.1